Keto Coconut Soup: Creamy Low Carb Soup Recipe
This homemade soup is made with nutritious keto ingredients, such as bacon, parsnips, coconut milk, chicken broth, and leeks. It’s pureed together for fantastic texture and flavor. The fresh thyme and lemon juice give it a fragrant and refreshing boost. Enjoy it with your favorite side of meat or seafood to round out your macros.
This Coconut Parsnip Soup Is:
- Tangy, and
This Recipe Uses:
- Olive oil
- White wine
- Chicken broth
- Coconut milk
- Fresh thyme
- Lemon juice
3 Health Benefits of Coconut Parsnip Soup Are:
- Satiating: The coconut milk and butter add satiating fat to the soup.
- Supports ketosis: The low carb nature of this recipe supports ketosis.
- Little to no impact on blood sugar or insulin.
Submit your review
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Pinch of Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of hot sauce
- Heat a pot over medium-low heat. Add the diced bacon and allow to cook slowly for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. When the bacon starts to become crispy, add the butter, olive oil, and leek.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir continuously for 1-2 minutes, then add the garlic. Continue stirring for one more minute, then add the white wine. Stir continuously until most of the liquid has evaporated, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the parsnips and the chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer, and cook for 10-15 minutes until the parsnips are soft and tender.
- Use a handheld immersion blender to blend until smooth. You can also transfer to a blender and pour back into the pot when done (you may have to blend in more than one batch depending on the size of the blender).
- Place blended soup in pot over medium-low heat. Whisk in the coconut milk and add the remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning as desired and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
Submit your review