Simple Moroccan Keto Meatballs (+ Curry Recipe)
This recipe has such an amazing combination of flavors, you’ll come back to it time and time again. It’s already keto-friendly, but you can increase the fat content even more by making the meatballs with lamb instead of beef.
Dietitian Fun Fact: Cinnamon has been shown to have some blood glucose lowering effects when administered in conjunction with other treatment modalities, including diet and lifestyle. The small amount used in this recipe isn’t enough to have hypoglycemic effects, but when it comes to the concept of food as medicine, cinnamon should be on your list!
Trying to lose weight on keto? Check out Your Complete Guide to Keto Weight Loss.
Looking for an on-the-go keto snack? Try KetoLogic KetoMeal®!
Submit your review
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala spice blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped cilantro leaves, divided
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-inch piece (2 tablespoons) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 13.5-ounce can coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 4 cups cauliflower, finely riced (processed from fresh florets)
- Juice and zest of 2 limes, divided
- Kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Place ground meat, cinnamon, Garam Masala, garlic powder, olive oil, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Combine well with a fork or your hands. Roll into 12 meatballs, about 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and brown on all sides, about 4-5 minutes. Remove meatballs from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and deglaze skillet, scraping browned bits of meat from the bottom. Add ginger and garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes. Add coconut milk, curry paste, juice and zest of 1 lime, whisking to combine well.
- Bring to a simmer and return meatballs to skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until meatballs are cooked through and flavors develop, about 20 minutes. Season to taste.
- While meatballs cook, prepare "couscous." Using a food processor, pulse fresh cauliflower florets until finely minced, while being careful to not over-process and make mushy.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté riced cauliflower, stirring frequently, but making sure not to overcook, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with remaining zest and lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, ground pepper, and remaining cilantro.
- To serve, top 1 cup of cauliflower "couscous" with 3 meatballs and ⅓ cup of the coconut curry sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
Submit your review